[Download pdf of this notice]
6:00 p.m. July 28 – noon, July 31, 2013
at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Application due: April 1, 2013
Apply here: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/news/events/2013-psw/
Jackson Heart Study – longitudinal study of cardiovascular disease and risk factors African Americans in the Jackson, Mississippi area.
Strong Heart Study – multi-center longitudinal study of cardiovascular disease and risk factors in American Indians in Arizona, Oklahoma and the Dakotas.
- Learn how to access /utilize data available from the Jackson Heart and Strong Heart studies.
- Develop and present a manuscript proposal using data from one or both of the studies.
- Provide opportunities to collaborate with other investigators.
- Early-career level investigators with previous research experience are invited to attend including
junior faculty, new investigators, post doctoral fellows.
- Other interested investigators with research experience.
- Targeted toward individuals not currently involved in these studies.
- NHLBI staff, senior investigators, and data analysis staff from the Jackson Heart Study and Strong Heart Study.
Location and Cost
- Workshop will be held at the Natcher Conference Center, NIH campus, Bethesda, Maryland
- No registration fee
- Attendees are responsible for their own travel, lodging and food costs
For questions: email@example.com
Posted Date: 01/09/2013