Future Opportunities – Medical Officer
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute’s Division of Cardiovascular Sciences (DCVS), Bethesda, MD will be searching for a Medical Officer (Family Medicine, Internist or Cardiologist) who will work on outcome studies in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
The position will be located in the Clinical Applications and Prevention Branch (CAPB), which supports, conducts, and initiates population, community, and clinic-based research on the causes, prevention, and clinical care of cardiovascular diseases. CAPB research areas include but are not limited to obesity, physical activity, behavior-oriented trials, health services research, and cardiovascular risk prevention through the lifespan.
We will be seeking individuals with expertise and strong interest in:
- Comparative effectiveness of commonly used preventive, diagnostic and treatment strategies for adult cardiovascular diseases
- Randomized intervention trials
- Strategies to improve the implementation of evidence based clinical preventive and treatment strategies for cardiovascular diseases
Relevant fields of medical specialization include cardiology, internal medicine, clinical epidemiology, informatics, health service and economics. We especially urge persons who meet the above description to apply if they also have:
- Research interests relevant to the health of minority and underserved populations
- The ability to communicate effectively with scientists from a variety of disciplines and with a sophisticated lay audience
- The ability to synthesize new information and develop a broad vision of research that will advance disease prevention and treatment efforts.
To receive future updates about this position, please email your request to: email@example.com
DHHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers
Posted Date: 05/06/2014