Associate Research Scientist of the PET Radiochemistry Laboratories
The Department of Radiology at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University Medical Center invites applications for Associate Research Scientist in the PET Radiochemistry Laboratories in the Kreitchman PET Center.
Reporting to the PET Center Director, the Associate Research Scientist will be responsible for optimization, production and quality control of research radiotracers and for quality assurance and control programs in the Radiochemistry Laboratory at the Kreitchman PET Center. The candidate will ensure that production procedures, laboratory procedures, and facilities and equipment systems employed during the manufacture and processing of PET drug products are in conformity with the PET Center’s SOPs, as well as Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) and all other applicable regulatory standards.
Specific duties include:
- Produce research PET radiotracers according to the PET Center’s production methods and SOPs
- Perform Quality Control of PET radiopharmaceuticals produced by the Kreitchman PET Center to ensure that they are fully compliant with release criteria, written procedures and SOPs.
- This position reports to the PET Center Director for all aspects of research and production. Report all QC/QA findings to PET Center Director and work with the Director on development of corrective action plans where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD degree in chemistry, radiochemistry or related field, as well as at least five years of radiochemistry experience.
- Working knowledge of both manual and automated PET tracer production and analytical HPLC instrumentation
3. Capacity to integrate Federal and other relevant regulatory requirements into PET tracer production and quality control responsibilities.
Please visit our online application site at http://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=59439 for further information about this position and to submit your application. Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The School is especially interested in qualified candidates whose record of achievement will contribute to the diversity goals of the institution. Excellent salary and benefits.