How to Apply
PRIDE is a consortium of NHLBI-funded Summer Institute Training Programs for Junior Faculty.
- Each Summer Institute Training Program has the common goal of increasing the diversity among individuals who are engaged in health-related research
- Each Summer Institute Program has a unique, specialized research focus, as described below under Summer Institute Training Programs.
- Eligible individuals are encouraged to apply to the Summer Institute Program in your area of interest
Who is Eligible?
- Be a research-oriented junior-level faculty member or transitioning post-doctorate trainee.
- Be from a minority group that is under-represented in the biomedical or health sciences.
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Have a research focus that is centered on heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders research; health disparities research relevant to heart, lung, blood, and sleep disorders; or relevant research methodologies and approaches specific to these areas.
General Program Structure
- All expenses paid for up to 3-week Summer Institute Training Program for two consecutive summers
- Year-long mentoring experience with recognized experts in the field
- Didactic course-work and hands-on practical training
- Specific training and coaching in grant-writing skills
- Annual Conference in Bethesda, Maryland
Summer Institute Training Programs
- Advanced Health Disparities Training
- Location:Arizona Health Sciences Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- PI: Joe G.N. “Skip” Garcia, MD; Francisco Moreno, MD
- Behavioral and Sleep Medicine
- Location: NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York
- PI: Girardin Jean-Louis, PhD
- Cardiovascular Genetic Epidemiology
- Location: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
- PI: D.C. Rao, PhD; Victor Davila-Roman, MD
- Cardiovascular-Related Research
- Location: SUNY Downstate Medical College, New York, New York
- PI: Mohamed Boutjdir, PhD
- Functional and Translational Genomics of Blood Disorders
- Location: Georgia Regents University, Augusta, Georgia
- PI: Betty Pace, MD
- Location:University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi
- PI: Bettina M. Beech, DrPH, MPH; Keith C. Norris, MD, PhD
- Research in Implementation Sciences for Equity (RISE)
- Location: The UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations at San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California
- PI: Kirsten Bibbins-Domingo, PhD, MD, MAS; Alicia Fernandez, MD; Margaret Handley, PhD, MPH
- Complete and submit the PRIDE Pre-Application Form
- Eligible applicants will be asked to complete the full application
- Full application includes current CV, letters of reference, and additional information such as educational and research background
- For further information, email the PRIDE Coordination Core, or directly contact the Summer Institute Training Program of your choice.