How to Apply
PRIDE is a consortium of NHLBI-funded Summer Institute Training Programs for Junior Faculty.
- Each Summer Institute Training Program has the common goal of increasing the diversity among individuals who are engaged in health-related research
- Each Summer Institute Program has a unique, specialized research focus, as described below under Summer Institute Training Programs.
- Eligible individuals are encouraged to apply to the Summer Institute Program in your area of interest
Who is Eligible?
- Junior-level faculty or scientists (Instructor, Assistant Professor, or equivalent)
- Background that is under-represented in biomedical sciences, or with a disability
- US Citizen or Permanent US Resident
General Program Structure
- All expenses paid for up to 3-week Summer Institute Training Program for two consecutive summers
- Year-long mentoring experience with recognized experts in the field
- Didactic course-work and hands-on practical training
- Specific training and coaching in grant-writing skills
- Annual Conference in Bethesda, Maryland
Summer Institute Training Programs
- Behavioral and Sleep Medicine
- Location: NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York
- PI: Girardin Jean-Louis, Ph.D.
- Cardiovascular Genetic Epidemiology
- Location: Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri
- PI: D.C. Rao, Ph.D.
- Cardiovascular-Related Research
- Location: SUNY Downstate Medical College, New York, New York
- PI: Mohamed Boutjdir, Ph.D.
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Location: Columbia University, New York, New York
- PI: Melissa D. Begg, Sc.D.
- Functional and Applied Genomics of Blood Disorders
- Location: Georgia Regents University, Augusta, Georgia
- PI: Betty Pace, M.D.
- Mentoring Researchers in Latino Health Disparities
- Location: San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- PI: John Elder, Ph.D., M.P.H.
- Complete and submit the PRIDE Pre-Application Form
- Eligible applicants will be asked to complete the full application
- Full application includes current CV, letters of reference, and additional information such as educational and research background
- For further information, email the PRIDE Coordination Core, or directly contact the Summer Institute Training Program of your choice.