How to Apply
1. Eligibility Requirements
To be elibigle to participate in a PRIDE Summer Institute Training Program, you must:
- Be a reserch-oriented junior-level faculty member holding a doctoral degree, such as a PhD, MD, DO, DVM, or transitioning post-doctorate trainee
- Have a background that is underrepresented in the biomedical or health sciences (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-053.html)
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have a research focus that is centered on heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders research; health disparities research relevant to heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders; or relevant research methodolgies and approaches specific to these areas
Transitioning means that you have or will have received a formal faculty appointment by the time the Summer Institute Program convenes.
2. Complete and submit the PRIDE Pre-Application
You will need to submit a copy of your CV and/or biosketch. If, you meed the eligibility criteria for PRIDE participation we will ask for a full PRIDE Application Form that includes:
- Two letters of reference (one from your Department Chair)
- Separate 1-page summaries of:
- Your educational and research background
- Your research interests
- Additional site specific requests
Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate program site for review. You will be notified of it’s status upon review. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria for PRIDE participation we will let you know within two weeks of receiving your pre-application.