To be eligible to participate in a PRIDE Summer Institute Training Program, you must:
- Be a research-oriented junior-level faculty member holding a doctoral degree, such as a PhD, MD, DO, DVM or transitioning post-doctorate trainee
- Have a background that is underrepresented in the biomedical or health sciences (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-15-053.html)
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Have a research focus that is centered on heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders research; health disparities research relevant to heart, lung, blood, or sleep disorders; or relevant research methodologies and approaches specific to these areas
- Career tracking for up to ten years after training is completed
Transitioning means that you have or will have received a formal faculty appointment by the time the Summer Institute Program convenes.
If you have any questions about your eligibility, you are invited to contact the PRIDE Coordination Core (PRIDECC@wubios.wustl.edu).