The Biostatistics Division hosts a local FAQ which contains helpful information regarding REDCap user, policies, best practices, and frequently asked questions.
- REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture)
- REDCap User Policies
- Usage Cost
- REDCap Recent Features List
- Boilerplate language for inclusion in grants and IRB documentation
- Do you have classes for REDCap?
- How do I use the Request-Tracker system to get help?
User Account Issues
- I have a REDCap account. Why don’t I have access to any databases?
- I’ve switched departments. Do I need a different REDCap account?
- Can non-Washington University personnel get REDCap accounts?
- My supervisor’s account was suspended for inactivity. Will you reactivate it?
- My supervisor forgot his password. Will you reset it?
- Why do user accounts get suspended?
- REDCap Best Practices for Data Collection of Clinical Trials
- What are the steps for creating a REDCap database for my research?
- What is a REDCap project account?
- Do Quality Improvement Projects need IRB approval?
- Who can create databases on the Production server?
- Why is the “Move project to production” button grayed-out?
- Moving a database to production status
- When should I put my database into production status?
- REDCap Double Data Entry Feature
- Where are the video tutorials located?
- Aside from the video tutorials, what REDCap educational materials are available?
- What is the difference between the Demo server and the Production server?
- How can I add a new choice to an existing radio or dropdown item without changing previously entered data?
- What is the REDCap URL?
- I tried to give a user access to my database but REDCap says he cannot be granted access because he is not yet a REDCap user. What’s up with that?
- I logged in to REDCap and there aren’t any projects listed under “My Projects.” They were there yesterday. Where did they go?
- I’ve created a REDCap database. How do I give others access to it?
- How do I delete a record?
- I entered an ID incorrectly. How can I correct it?
- I changed my password on the Production server. Do I also have to change it on the Demo server?
- How do I get my password reset?
- How do I set a security question so that I can reset my password myself?
- How do I see the same summary of my proposed data-dictionary changes that the REDCap Administrator sees?
- Will you give me access to a REDCap project?
- How do I transfer my REDCap project to a new PI?
- How do I designate a different REDCap Project Administrator for my project?